This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Thunderbird.
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
- Launch Thunderbird after installation. Under Create a new account select Email
- Click “Skip this and use my existing email”
- Enter Your Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails.
- Then enter your new email address and password. Check the remember password. Click Continue.
- Click on the Manual Config button.
- See below on the incoming and outgoing settings
- For Incoming: Choose POP3, your incoming mail server is mail.yourdomain.com, port is 110, choose None for SSL and Normal Password for Authentication
- For Outgoing: your outgoing mail server is same as incoming mail server, port is 25, choose None for SSL and Normal Password for Authentication
- Now enter the username. this is entire email address ([email protected]).
- Click Done
Thunderbird is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.